Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Zandi's Banquet Dress



Hi Dolls

This project I’m posting is also some old stuff…..lol  well it was made last year December for a banquet / prom. As seamstress we sometime get projects that makes you scratch your head wondering how on earth you’ll make that …….. Well at least I do believe me it sometimes drives me insane! 
I do not work from a readymade pattern , I draft my own patterns  and it sometimes gets difficult especially if you’ve never done a dress similar to that. Never the less this is one of those dresses that got me thinking ………
I made this dress with taffeta (I just love taffeta it’s a great material for eveningwear, I use it a lot coz most of the dresses I make is evening or wedding dresses). The bust is gathered with crystals for the detail and it has a flower in the centre with a slit ending with frills from the slit to the bottom. I made the frills stand out more with boning as well as the flower.
Hope you enjoyed the post
See you next time
Toodel  do (*^,)






No comments:

Post a Comment